For many reasons, your auction website obviously needs to be able to take payments. Most importantly, winning bidders will need to pay for the items they have won. It may also be necessary for sellers to pay listing fees.
We provide a wide variety of payment integration options for your auction site, from full integration to more simple off-site payment methods.
Off-site integration is the quickest and easiest integration option…
- It means that users will have to be redirected to another website (e.g. PayPal) in order to enter their card details and pay for items.
- You will only be able to customise your payment page to a limited extent with this integration method.
- You will not be able to automate transaction functions like refunding or repeating transactions.
- Nonetheless, this method of integration does have the great advantage of being simple and inexpensive with very few potential security issues.
API type integration
API stands for ‘Application Programming Interface’…
- API type integration means that the payment system will be fully integrated with your website.
- Therefore users will not have to leave your website in order to pay for items.
- You will also be able to perform automated transaction functions (like refunding, repeating and aborting transactions).
- This option is very professional-looking, and allows a greater amount of control and customisation than off-site integration.
- However, this option can incur some additional security-related costs.
At Sensible Development, integration with PayPal is provided as part of our standard platform. However, we can also work with other internet payment gateways.
PayPal is a global internet payment gateway, performing payment processing for online vendors, auction sites and other commercial users (for which it charges a fee). PayPal is especially suitable for charity fundraisers as it can be used to distribute funds to sellers after taking a commission. It also has a low cost of entry.
Stripe provides the option for a more richly featured payment management system. Stripe.com’s service has been fully integrated within our auction platform, to provide a truly comprehensive range of payment options, control and protection for today’s online auctioneer.
SagePay, formerly known as Protx, is a UK based internet payment gateway for UK and Republic of Ireland merchant accounts. It is the largest independent payment service provider in the UK. It accepts multiple currencies.
Authorize.net is a USA based internet payment gateway for USA merchant accounts. Authorize.net has a user base of over 305,000 merchants, and is one of the internet’s largest payment gateways.
- Automatic invoice generation when lot is sold. This can be downloaded as a PDF by the user.
- Multiple item checkout process
- ‘My Account’ management – for users to check what items they have won, which ones have been paid for, and which items are due.