Your auction website is full of hidden information, and there’s a wealth of data to be mined. Collective intelligence will reveal your users’ interests, viewing behaviour and buying habits. This information can be used to determine to which items users should be directed. Data on website traffic can also be utilised to optimise your email marketing methods, tailoring this to your users’ interests and behaviour.
Benefits of Marketing Auctions Online
One of the most important aspects of any business is the marketing of that business. All solid businesses will have a business plan and a marketing plan. The marketing plan forms the basis of the communication the company has with the outside world.
Running an online auction is no different. There are many choices for marketing offline; advertising in the trade press, and all the usual direct-marketing approaches such as direct mail and phone calls. However, it’s now becoming as important – and far more effective – to take the same planned approach to the marketing of online auctions.
- Target email marketing towards customers based upon analysis of group behaviour. Base your strategy upon customer’s previous buying patterns.
- Analyse web traffic to determine which items are popular.
- Make use of ‘Search Engine Marketing’ to elevate the ranking of your site in search engine results.
- Actively invite and remind bidders as your auction draws to a close. This means you’re able to keep the market competitive.
- Use social media sites like Facebook and Twitter to promote your auction and target relevant markets.
- Write a ‘blog’ to attract people’s interest and supply search engines with an additional route to your auction site.
- Interact with users through your site’s community features.